Factory Suspension setting - KTM 1090 Adventure Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Factory Suspension setting

Hi, anyone know what is the factory setting of the suspension it is set at? I would like to hear experiences in the setting of the suspension.

Thanks

Michel
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 04:22 PM

That is only for the rear schock, as the front is not adjustable,
The owner manual said you get 2 turn on preload, and 12 on the low screw for the bumping speed,
I have tried to turn the preload counterclockwise, as I found the rear too rough, with an Allen key, very hard , I was afraid to beak something....I.ll ask the dealer..
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 06:56 AM

Garage
Hi Michel

The suspension on the 1090R is fully adjustable front and rear using preload, compression and rebound settings on the fork and shock. I do mostly offroad riding and find that I need the bike set on Sport settings. I am not sure what the factory sets the bike to but I would always double check as I have had some odd experiences in the past. The bike manual makes it very easy to setup the basics for your type of riding.

Has anyone else found a chattering sound coming from the forks? (It's not the brake disks.)

I am still find the front end a bit soft but am currently investigating and also working on changing my riding position slightly. (I ride right over the bars....)

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Cris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 12:10 AM

Cris Ingram, I just found this post & yes I am also getting chatter from the front forks. I have been backing of the compression setting (was on 14 clicks but tried 17 - full soft) which seemed to change it, but the front end felt noticeably softer, maybe too soft. It hasn't always done this, but at almost 9000kms it may be worth a fork oil change at the 10,000km service.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 09:56 AM

I’m @ 220 lbs. Does anybody have a tried and true offroad suspension setting for that weight?
Thanks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page