Kick stand & gear indicator issues - KTM 1090 Adventure Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Kick stand & gear indicator issues

New to adventure bikes and here on the board - hey everyone!

So I got this 2018 KTM 1090 Adventure R about a week ago. The bike got roughly 1K miles and tons of mods, it's a great looking bike and I really enjoy riding it .. when it works :P.

So couple days ago, on a routine errand around town, when getting back to the bike, it kept shutting off every time first gear was engaged, although leg stand was in the up position.

While trying to figure out what's going on, disconnecting the plugs and reconnecting, gear indicator went blank and never recover. Simultaneously, bike refused to start since.

Digging bit further, realized the kick stand switch may the contributing to the issue, so took it apart and was able to start the bike while clutch was pressed and two pieces for kick stand assembly were connected together. However, this connection is very sensitive and bike start intermittently.

Any guidance in the right direction to put me back on the road would be highly appreciated.

TIA
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 11:59 AM

It probably has the BlackDog side stand relocation kit installed, is the sidestand mounted to the engine or the frame?

The new sidestand comes with a kit to replace the stock magnet, sounds like your's isn't set up (aligned) properly.

1090R - Wingsexhuast/BDCW.skid/MotoMosko.panniers/JesseLuggage.topbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page