KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing through the KTM website and was going through the specs and what not, great site btw, but it says that the KTM 1090 Adventure has a 23L fuel tank that'll get you 350km. I think that's pretty darn impressive.

How long are everyones typical journey and is anyone even worried about mileage on this ?

Also, I wonder how close real world mileage is going to be compared to the advertised 350km

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not a problem for me since my daily commutes are about 100km. Then my trips up to the cottage (about 170km) will keep me in the clear most of the times. Just have to fill up before going on trips. Doubt many owners here will find mileage to be an issue.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll definitely have mor than enough for you're trips for the most part. Even if the real world values are a little less.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Even if it happens to be 10-15% less even then i'm still in well in the clear. Most riders should be and with all that range no one is complaining. We have far better reasons for buying one of these than for gas mileage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't think I've ever really worried about range with gas mileage.. that being said I don't typically go that super far and I know there are gas stations on my routes wherever I go.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's the great thing about using a bike like this for short distance riding but considering its potential and what it opens people up to do doing, as you can imagine its something to think about.

City riders have nothing to worry about. On that point i'd be interested to see a poll on where riders in this segment ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The main thing is, If you're going out for a long trip and you're worried about range, we all have smartphones, so utilize it. Plan you're route and plan the refueling stations along the way. Staying prepared is the best thing you can do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
350km is more than enough for most trips. The only time I can see someone filling up a few times on a trip is if they were taking a long road trip on the ktm 1090. If it's really a concern, carry around a fuel canister for backup.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As great as that is, as long as you keep track of your usage and plan out where you can fill up, you won't have a problem. The problem is usually people who do the complete opposite of that and find themselves riding till they randomly come across a gas station, that's if they even make it. Last thing I want to do when on a road trip is carry more than I need.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The space you use to carry those containers could be used to carry a lot of other things that would be more crucial on a longer trip.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Exactly what I would do basically it comes down to me picking up whatever I can on the way or around my destination. Not hard to find places as long as you plan properly. Going in a convoy with someone riding in a support van is what we did once, best thing we ever did.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A support van is always something amazing to have, but you're not really in convoys with those opportunities often at all. The picking up as you go route is for sure the best. Just gotta make sure to carry plastic as well as cold hard coin just in case.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Never been on a ride with a support van so I'm not too sure what that's like. But I can imagine they haul all the things you could need in an emergency situation. But you always have to make sure you have some sort of cash on you when you're going far out in places your unfamiliar with.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We'll its rather simple, all the things that would rather be impractical to carry or make the riding experience not as free is what you can delegate to the guy in the van. Some people take it a step further and get an enclosed trailer and large SUV to haul it. Save my buddies from heavy downpours.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So it's pretty much as straight forward as it sounds lol. That does sound like an amazing experience to go on group rides and have that accessibility with you all day long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Every year I ride the Aussie outback for holidays and it's truly amazing with some places resembling mars where you can stand there and turn around 360 degrees and see nothing but a red landscape as far as the eye can see, without any trees or grass and therefore the wind has nothing in which to make sound and it's the most complete silence you will ever hear in your life! Some sections you need 400 klms to 560 klms of fuel range and I usually take my 525 and once took my 950SE, you may be wondering how this is achieved on a 525 we'll the answer is simple my other half follows me in our Toyota hilux 4x4 utility with all the camping gear,food,water and jerry cans of fuel for the bike. I will be doing this also on my new 1090 and the added bonus is that if any thing goes wrong on my bikes I simply load it in the back and continue. It gives you piece of mind and reassurance knowing that you have the support vehicle if needed and therefore you can cut loose on the bike instead of being so cautious when riding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I fill up at around 330-350km & there is still 7-8 litres left according to how much fresh fuel I can get in the tank. So around 450 should be doable, & my trip computer is saying the same number to empty. Cannot complain about that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts