KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I recently took a 1286 mile trip around the Sierras in California. I took my new 1090 Adventure R and he was on an equally new KTM 1290 Super Duke GT. A lot of the trip was following the eastern slope on Hwy 395. The little loop around June Lake on Hwy 158 is well worth the detour. Spectacular water falls this time of year. A little further north you may enjoy taking Hwy 89 (if you love miles of perfect, smooth, twisty, virtually empty roads). We spent 2 days in Auburn and rode the scenic roads around that part of California. Heading south we took the scenic but busy Hwy 49 through "Gold Country ". Watch out for deer in the early morning hours!
At the end the bikes had performed flawlessly other than not quite enough padding in the seats. I averaged 48.3 mpg and the Super Duke got 43.5. Next month we're driving from LA to Monterey for WSBK at Laguna Seca.
I tried to include some photos but this app wouldn't let me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A friend and I recently took a 1286 mile trip around the Sierras in California. I took my new 1090 Adventure R and he was on an equally new KTM 1290 Super Duke GT. A lot of the trip was following the eastern slope on Hwy 395. The little loop around June Lake on Hwy 158 is well worth the detour. Spectacular water falls this time of year. A little further north you may enjoy taking Hwy 89 (if you love miles of perfect, smooth, twisty, virtually empty roads). We spent 2 days in Auburn and rode the scenic roads around that part of California. Heading south we took the scenic but busy Hwy 49 through "Gold Country ". Watch out for deer in the early morning hours!
At the end the bikes had performed flawlessly other than not quite enough padding in the seats. I averaged 48.3 mpg and the Super Duke got 43.5. Next month we're driving from LA to Monterey for WSBK at Laguna Seca.
I tried to include some photos but this app wouldn't let me.
What a pity you cant post your pics. Would be great to see them.

I am leaving Ireland for WSB in Rimini Italy next week following some of the TET (trans euro trail)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts