KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello KTM lovers. Ordered a 2018 KTM 1090R some time ago and will be delivered next week on Saturday. Will pickup if weather allows.

Owned 2 Honda Pan European : 100 and 1300. For the moment on GSA LC and fully satisfied (will keep it). Turning 65 next year but starting to enjoy more offroad riding. Better late than never.

In the planning for 2019 : a trip to Portugal (camping) in June and, if health allows, a longer one (October into November) to Iran via Luxembourg, Swiss, Italy, Greece and Turkey(and hopefully back)

Hope to enjoy the forum and make some friends here !

Kind regards,

Pierre

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear that you will be taking delivery soon. Hopefully you can provide us with some updates over the course of your trips. Happy trails.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@Nomad and @Konnor : thanks for the warm welcome
@dirtrack : the road through France will be mainly highway. Through Spain secondary roads and hopefully some parts of the TET (Trans Euro Trail) . Portugal not decided yet... but there is room left for good planning. All advice is welcome. A lot going on at the same time ...
Iran trip depending on the political evolution over there. If it worsens we could have to change plans. Roundtrip Turkey ? Roundtrip Black Sea ? Turkey and Georgia... ?
If we travel to Iran... I will have to celebrate my birthday for the first time... without alcohol...

It has been raining cats and dogs during some time now. Brought the bike home last Saturday during some dry hours... and I must say : It was real fun. Looking forward for more.

https://www.transeurotrail.org/

·
Registered
193 Posts
@Nomad and @Konnor : thanks for the warm welcome
@dirtrack : the road through France will be mainly highway. Through Spain secondary roads and hopefully some parts of the TET (Trans Euro Trail) . Portugal not decided yet... but there is room left for good planning. All advice is welcome. A lot going on at the same time ...
Iran trip depending on the political evolution over there. If it worsens we could have to change plans. Roundtrip Turkey ? Roundtrip Black Sea ? Turkey and Georgia... ?
If we travel to Iran... I will have to celebrate my birthday for the first time... without alcohol...

It has been raining cats and dogs during some time now. Brought the bike home last Saturday during some dry hours... and I must say : It was real fun. Looking forward for more.

https://www.transeurotrail.org/
Iran is risky because if there's anything I learned over the years of seeing news play out and the actions that follow them, its that overnight things can change. If you do however venture that way, just be completely confident in the move. But that's from an outsiders perspective, you should contact some locals and see what they have to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts