KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to mount Aux led lights on 1090 adv.?
1- on the crash bar?
2- with a dedicated mount ( like sw motech) to the bike?

What are the advantages? thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rarely done, but on the top fork tube so they are directional, I have done that on my last Honda 750 NCX, much more useful than on the crash bars,
I plan to do the same on the 1090, juste need to 2 x 55 mm brackets

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would go for the classic crash bar option. In my opinion, that's the best spot in terms of appearance and positioning on your motorcycle.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was actually thinking to mount some sort of light setup under the headlight where it starts to taper in. It could kill two birds with one stone by also feeding into the shields overall design.

·
Registered
193 Posts
A small LED light bar may be mounted there and there doesn't seem to be anything there it can obstruct.
Exactly, its probably one of the better moves we can make given all that space especially for those that want a cleaner look rather than having certain features stand out. Although this is no Ducati, clean execution is a practice I like to always follow through with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Which (Manufacturer) Aux lights are yoh guys using or recommend.
I bought some off the net and my mechanic refused to connect them.
Recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This should work with the Baja Designs Sqaudrons. I have these mounts and they are very nice and sturdy.

DENALI Auxiliary Light Mounts for KTM 1190 Adventure / R '13-'16 & 1090 Adventure R '17-'19

·
Registered
158 Posts
I second the Denali mounts, very sturdy and easy to bolt on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ended up placing my Micro Denali LED lights underneath the headlight assembly, around where the horn is. There are two small(ish) screws there and I got two screws slightly longer to accomodate. It looks pretty clean IMO.
This picture taken at a Mt.Shasta tavern. The lights look a little off but they are pretty straight. Pretty sure its the picture looking funny. So, I didn't use the denali mounts technically. Just the hardware that came with the lights.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts