KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

Bad news and good news for Americans

7K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  Tricked 
#1 ·
I just found out that unfortunately we won't be getting the regular 1090 Adventure, just the 1090 R. Some guys here would go for the 1090 R regardless anyways.

Did any Americans here JUST want the more streetable 1090 Adventure?

#9 ·
Your not saving that much anyways and at the end of the day someone that wanted the lower trim that can't get it won't have that negate the chance they'll even get a 1090. It's simply a matter of them spending a bit more and getting more.

With how much more simplified things are this could mean better allocation of 1090's to dealers and then of course to us.

#10 ·
Honestly the KTM 1090 R can perform on road too, just need a less knobby set of tires and you're golden. KTM probably thought people were more likely going to buy the R model instead of the base model. Why ship over something that won't sell in volume? It's fine by me as the R model can do double duty as a city ride and for those off road weekends.

#11 ·
What's going to interest me most is how many will change the tires out for something else? Some people out here buy a bike of a certain capability but don't stretch it out in the way intended or tailor it to their personal needs, instead riding it however in whatever situation they're in.

Already I see this happening with the current range of KTM's in the city, even with other bikes out here.

#12 ·
I really doubt a lot of people are going to be switching them out. Doesn't typically happen as you said. On top of that, even with the knobby set that it has, it is definitely still streetable. May be a bit uncomfortable but I'm sure it'll be fine. People will change aesthetic parts and brakes and things like that, but I doubt anyone will go and throw on less knobby tires.

#17 ·
that's what I found out as well
its drainage and groves are what i like most since even when riding on paved roads during the rain (although i don't plan to) it will increase our confidence as a rider and keep us safer on top of that keep us open to any mild off road terrain we want to tackle :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.