KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
Saying hello from Parker CO. I do a fair amount of adventure rides each year, mostly focused on exploring Colorado on as much dirt and challenging trails as I can find.

Just purchase my bike a couple days ago and waiting on more accessories to arrive.

Starting out with:
Rear pannier Rack (for more solid mounting and protection)
Panniers (with lock cores)
Pelican Storm top box with padded dividers
Rally foot pegs were included
Upper crash bars
Heated grips
2 or 3.5" bar risers (anyone tried the 3.5"?)
KTM skid plate
Still looking at windscreens...
Acrebis hand guards (already had extras)
Center stand when available.
May swap the rear TKC for a MotoZ TA asap...

What have you done? Seems like the parts are hard to find since bike is sooo new!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums! Which wind screens are you looking at so far?
I actually haven't even looked at any other than the Puig. The one on my last bike (F800GSA) was huge and had an extension, I didn't have any complaints with it in terms of performance.

I have always loved the dark tinted ones on the adventurers though, so it may be good to not go quite as tall.

My helmet is a Klim Krios, so adjustability will be key...

Also, I am having trouble finding a radiator gaurd online, ideas?

·
Registered
82 Posts
If it fits all of those models than you definitely have a heck of lot of radiator guards to look at. You could even check for people that are selling them "used" and save some money on one?

·
Registered
193 Posts
If it fits all of those models than you definitely have a heck of lot of radiator guards to look at. You could even check for people that are selling them "used" and save some money on one?
At around $100 USD for a guard its just not worth trying to source a used one from someone else.

Just better to get it brand new and if you're like me, get it powdercoated in black :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea not something I would really buy used unless I was getting it for like $20. Then I could justify spending the rest of the money to get it powder coated and all cleaned up and what not :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts