KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this site, having just bought a KTM 1090 adventure.

I was considering upgrading the headlight to LED.

Anyone have any experience with the Cyclops kit ?

Is it reliable ? does it trigger any error messages with the Can bus ?

Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently installed the Cyclops LED kit into my bike. They are an incredible upgrade, probably the best one I've done to the bike.

The installation is completely plug and play, without any modifications to the bike or wiring. I had no issues with the Canbus system. It will initially flash an error code, telling you the headlights are out. The error code will go away and stay away once you cycle the ignition. Make sure your DRL setting is turned off, so the DRL will be on with the headlight and not cancel it out during the day hours.

A little back story about Cyclops. I purchased the LED kit through my local shop and was reading installation instructions on Cyclops' website. I noticed the website was advertising a new improved kit, which had drivers that did away with the resistors.

I couldn't tell if my kit was the new one or old, so I called Cyclops. They told me I had the older version, but wanted me to have the improved kit. They asked if I'd bring my old kit to them for an exchange for the new kit. I thought this was amazing, especially since I didn't purchase the kit directly from them.

The staff gave me a tour of the facility and let me hang out a bit. If you can, I'd probably order the kit direct from them, so you can have the awesome customer service.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've got the kit in my garage, I just haven't had a free weekend to install it. Maybe this weekend, it's supposed to start snowing. 🙂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the responses. I am going to order a set , according to Cyclops web site the new ones don't have resistors so should be even easier to fit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently installed the Cyclops LED kit into my bike. They are an incredible upgrade, probably the best one I've done to the bike.

The installation is completely plug and play, without any modifications to the bike or wiring. I had no issues with the Canbus system. It will initially flash an error code, telling you the headlights are out. The error code will go away and stay away once you cycle the ignition. Make sure your DRL setting is turned off, so the DRL will be on with the headlight and not cancel it out during the day hours.

A little back story about Cyclops. I purchased the LED kit through my local shop and was reading installation instructions on Cyclops' website. I noticed the website was advertising a new improved kit, which had drivers that did away with the resistors.

I couldn't tell if my kit was the new one or old, so I called Cyclops. They told me I had the older version, but wanted me to have the improved kit. They asked if I'd bring my old kit to them for an exchange for the new kit. I thought this was amazing, especially since I didn't purchase the kit directly from them.

The staff gave me a tour of the facility and let me hang out a bit. If you can, I'd probably order the kit direct from them, so you can have the awesome customer service.
Thanks G20 great help with erroe code heads up. I must say you had really good service nice to hear

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi I am new to this site, having just bought a KTM 1090 adventure.

I was considering upgrading the headlight to LED.

Anyone have any experience with the Cyclops kit ?

Is it reliable ? does it trigger any error messages with the Can bus ?

Thanks in anticipation

I received my kit this evening ( I ordered from Cyclops directly )

The bike is apart so I was able to put the bulbs in right away. I turned off my DLR and then started the bike, I got a daylight running light error and a warning on the dash.

I cycled the ignition at least 6 or 7 times but I kept getting the error. So I took the headlight mask off and I reversed one of the led bulb plugs ( there is no pin to make you plug the led lamp in a certain way, unlike the original bulbs)
Afterwards when I cycled the ignition the error was gone. I tried 4 or 5 more times and it looks like that resolved the DLR error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received my kit this evening ( I ordered from Cyclops directly )

The bike is apart so I was able to put the bulbs in right away. I turned off my DLR and then started the bike, I got a daylight running light error and a warning on the dash.

I cycled the ignition at least 6 or 7 times but I kept getting the error. So I took the headlight mask off and I reversed one of the led bulb plugs ( there is no pin to make you plug the led lamp in a certain way, unlike the original bulbs)
Afterwards when I cycled the ignition the error was gone. I tried 4 or 5 more times and it looks like that resolved the DLR error.
Thanks , useful to know. Seems strange that you can reverse the connectors bit of a lottery that you get them plugged in the right way and don't get an error message. Is there any way to know if you have plugged them in the right way.

I have a set on order from a UK dealer and will be fitting them whilst off over Christmas so any pointers appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks , useful to know. Seems strange that you can reverse the connectors bit of a lottery that you get them plugged in the right way and don't get an error message. Is there any way to know if you have plugged them in the right way.

I have a set on order from a UK dealer and will be fitting them whilst off over Christmas so any pointers appreciated.

Cheers
Before you unplug your stock headlight bulbs, mark the wires with tape - lowbeam and highbeam. They look exactly the same, but the low beam is the upper bulb.

You will get an error message regardless the first time you install them. It will go away after you cycle the ignition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts