KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is considering folding mirrors I recommend these that I have fitted to my 1090, and my 525 and 690 as well as past 990 and 950. They are OEM mirrors from the 06 KTM 625 SXC and will fit any KTM stalk, I have been using them for 10 years on my KTMs with no problems and the shaft is all metal and strong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
folding mirrors

They fold down far enough to touch the handlebar clamps and I then rotate the mirrors on the end of their stalk until they become as invisible as possible and that way I don't notice them at all or get any reflection from the sun. On the stalk pivot point you can adjust the folding tension per small allen head bolt, and when folded out in use I can see clearly without interference from my shoulders. The photo is taken while seated on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I have just purchased R&G mirror extenders for my 1090 thought it would be easy to fit and adjust mirrors, can anyone tell me how to get them locked in the right position, I've worked out the left and right hand thread however I cannot appear to rotate the mirror arm and lock it which was simple on my SMT 990

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have double take on mine and LOVE them! Plus not only is the product great but the company behind it is also great. I had a “conflict” with these mirrors and my cruise control controller. I contacted double take and explained that I needed a riser they sent me one out no questions asked and free of charge. Now since then I actually purchased the new controller mount to go under the bar and that eliminated the need for this riser and makes for a better setup. But just love these mirrors. To me they fit the look of the bike, they don’t budge even at highway speeds, they fold or remove easily for full on trail riding and offer great visibility.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone is experiencing buffeting and cant fiqure out where its coming from, its the stock mirrors, theyre horrible for turbulence. The best (not cheap, but amazing) are the Rotweiller Performance mounts and CRG mirrors, doesn't matter which ones but I went with the arrows and I can see two lanes over and completely behind me as their parabolic, they also have the blue euro coating to eliminate glare from lights behind you. They are infinitely adjustable and fold in if you fall over or are on tight trails.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The folding mirrors are actually made in Spain by a company called Vicma who supply several manufacturers.

In the UK you can get them from Wemoto for £16.38 each

https://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/vm-e-366

I have them on my 690, and also use one on my EXC when trail riding and have recently fitted one to my Wife's 250F Freeride

1 - 10 of 10 Posts