KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Friday i filled my tank and the gauge read full. 6 hours later and 200 miles and the gauge still read full. I did the float fix that was on you tube but still show full. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
According to the dealer, the float swells because of the use of ethanol in U.S gas. I've seen a bunch of videos on YouTube of owners trying to DIY a fix. Some have had success while others have reported the issue returned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fixed my float by lightly rounding off the upper edge. It seems that when the float rises all the way to the top, it contacts a circle of plastic of the same inner dimension as the floats outer, causing the float to hang up by its top edge. After I did the fix, the gauge still read full..Hummm..
Took the whole unit out, shook it up and down to make sure the float was free, put my meter on the leads to watch the resistance change as the float moved up & down- all checked out ok. Hummm..
After that I called the dealer for further assistance, was told that after the fix the computer took awhile to reset.
At first I thought they were just trying to hang up and get rid of me, but, sure enough, after a few miles the gauge started working again.
Go figure...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts