KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just bought a ktm 1090 S, I am happy with the bike but I would like to make some modifications regarding the riding position, for a problem I have in the knees I would not like to have so bent legs when driving and the solution for this would be to gain space between the footpegs and the seat. Does anyone know if there are some stirrups that go lower? like the wunderlich with the BMW that are lower and have a slight inclination forward, with respect to the seat I will put viscolastic inside so I gain height and comfort, I also want to put a handlebar riser, which brand do you recommend?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don’t know about lowering the pegs. That would be a good option if it meant you wouldn’t have to mess with the controls. I am tall and went with a seat concepts tall seat. That gives me more room.
I put a Rox 1 3/4” riser on mine. Works well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone, I just bought a ktm 1090 S, I am happy with the bike but I would like to make some modifications regarding the riding position, for a problem I have in the knees I would not like to have so bent legs when driving and the solution for this would be to gain space between the footpegs and the seat. Does anyone know if there are some stirrups that go lower? like the wunderlich with the BMW that are lower and have a slight inclination forward, with respect to the seat I will put viscolastic inside so I gain height and comfort, I also want to put a handlebar riser, which brand do you recommend?
I'm 6'4" and found the seat to peg distance way too short too. Compared to my old XT600 it has 4" less as standard. (Note we're not talking stand-over height). After 2 hours or so I started cramping badly.
Did the following: Fitted lowered (and wider) pegs from Flying Brick, but there are many on the market. Shifter worked fine, but had to extend and lower the platform on the brake pedal. That bought me an inch. (there are after market extended brake levers available too, but my 'fix' works)
Fitted KTM Power Parts two piece seat, that bought another inch the other way. Aftermarket seats may give you more but the stand-over becomes difficult to manage.
Fitted KTM Power Parts bar raisers (heard good things about Rox too, but was to expensive for the gains to import to South Africa)
Finally, I swopped out the standard "Adventure" handlebar for an EXC Enduro one.

Bike is still "cramped" compared to my '84 Tenere, but much much better than standard.

Can go about 4 hours now before cramping, but that's about as long as I can go without a beer stop too!

Enjoy your Katoom!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 6'4" and found the seat to peg distance way too short too. Compared to my old XT600 it has 4" less as standard. (Note we're not talking stand-over height). After 2 hours or so I started cramping badly.
Did the following: Fitted lowered (and wider) pegs from Flying Brick, but there are many on the market. Shifter worked fine, but had to extend and lower the platform on the brake pedal. That bought me an inch. (there are after market extended brake levers available too, but my 'fix' works)
Fitted KTM Power Parts two piece seat, that bought another inch the other way. Aftermarket seats may give you more but the stand-over becomes difficult to manage.
Fitted KTM Power Parts bar raisers (heard good things about Rox too, but was to expensive for the gains to import to South Africa)
Finally, I swopped out the standard "Adventure" handlebar for an EXC Enduro one.

Bike is still "cramped" compared to my '84 Tenere, but much much better than standard.

Can go about 4 hours now before cramping, but that's about as long as I can go without a beer stop too!

Enjoy your Katoom!

Excellent!
How did you extend and lower the brake pedal platform?
The handlebar risers you bought allow you to bring the handlebars closer to the body?

Funny about the beer stop comment hahaha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Picture tells a 1000 words, so here's 7000! ;)
Larger brake foot is from Touratech, bought online. 50mm (2" ?) long rectangular Alu stock, drilled and tapped to suit from my scraps bin.

KTM risers did bring the bar back towards me, too much, and I found standing awkward. EXC bars have more rise and less sweep, perfect for standing. You may want to rotate it a few more degrees back than I did when seated, I find it a reach, but still comfortable. (Orangutan arms!)

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Bumper
Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Bumper Rim
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior
Wheel Bicycle Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Jaw Automotive tire Sleeve Finger Font
Watch Bicycle tire Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.