KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rode home a 2018 1090 Adventure R. Glad to have an established forum of members to share experiences and technical knowledge with.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats on getting a 1090! Were you looking at any other bikes before deciding to get the 1090?

Keep us posted on how your first months with it go as those are the most important of all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the community and congrats on the new adv. Are you new to KTM or have you owned other mx models before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, and thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome.

My last dirt bike was a 1980 Honda CR80. So off-road experience is limited but I have no problem holding my own on the road with 15 years as an MSF instructor.

I did look at a lot of adventure (type) motorcycles before choosing the 1090, even demo'd a few. This will be my 13th bike over the last 3 decades as I now look to add adventure riding to my background.

I plan to do most of my own maintenance and having owned a Ducati 1098 for many years, I know how exotic bikes can be. In my former life, I was wrenched on aircraft for nearly 20 years so I have the technical background, knowledge, tools, and most of all Youtube. Oh and a service manual.

100 miles on the clock already, noticed the front tire is not seated on the bead all the way. At 40MPH, the front end hops, making you seasick. I plan to tune that up on my next day off.

I have always loved twin's VTR1000, Ducati 1098, and now the mighty LC8. I really liked the comradery of the Ducatista's so hopefully, I can find a group here in my area to goof around with.

Chris Birch is safe as I do not plan to jump my bike over boulders the size of cars, or wheelie up the side of a mountain. It is a very tall bike no doubt, but with some acclimation, I think I will be one of the riders able to ride a bigger adv bike well. That is the plan anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts