KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I lost mine as it fell out when I was swapping out my front brake lever.

Its a tiny, tiny rubbery spacer thing that has no separate part # in the OEM parts diagram. It fits in the hole as indicated (picture to be uploaded momentarily).

Any help or leads on what to order or where to find a spare/salvage bike to grab from would be awesome!! Local dealer said I need to order the whole assembly. I'm not doing that quite yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the same exact thing and lost that piece when replacing my factory levers with some shorter ones. I easily made a replacement part from an aluminum pop rivet; just cut off the stem and file the head down flat until you achieve the optimum thickness so your brake light will work properly and won't be on all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may find it to a local dealer.
I tried a few, no love. I wish people stocked some of these parts so you can look at what actually comes with the part.

For instance, there was another screw I needed and it was absent from all of the parts diagrams. Lo and behold, there was an adjacent part # that included the mysterious screw, but you wouldn't have know that unless you had that part # in front of you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello, had this same issue and found the correct part number from KTM on another thread. The brake light actuator rod is included in KTM OEM Parts Bracket F. Brake Light Switch KTM part 76011040000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
****! Thanks a lot.

I ended up doing a ton of searching, ended up finding a Brembo part number that Ducati bikes use for a similar, if not the same, switch. Ordered up the brake switch for $18 on ebay and it came with the part I needed (actuator rod). What a PITA.

Thanks again!
Matt

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried a few, no love. I wish people stocked some of these parts so you can look at what actually comes with the part.

For instance, there was another screw I needed and it was absent from all of the parts diagrams. Lo and behold, there was an adjacent part # that included the mysterious screw, but you wouldn't have know that unless you had that part # in front of you.
I see the part.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts