KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking about to remove the catalyst from my 1090 adv..... But I really need some help.
Has anyone done this yet? How I have to preceed?

I know I have to buy the Arrow exhaust pipe or something but I know too I have to solve more problems (electronic central unit settings or something like that...)

Thanks for you help!

·
Registered
158 Posts
The correct way would be (In my opinion) to put on a catless header like the Arrow and a slip on exhaust.
Then get a new air filter and get rid of the stock airbox.
For ECU: the less expensive route is to use fueling dongles to override the O2 sensor signals or go the full route and get a Powercommander unit to fully tune the ECU. $$$$
If you're doing all of this I recommend deleting the evap container (under the seat) and remainder of that system.
All of this stuff can be purchased through one company. around $2,500 USD??

·
Registered
3 Posts

I made a rectangular cutout on the underside of the Cat using a small diameter abrasive wheel. Remove the cat material, this took some effort but it all will come out. Welded up with a Mig. Nothing is visible after installation. I can tell a noticeable decrease in temperature on my boot. Tried to send a pic but didn't attach....

·
Registered
3 Posts

I made a rectangular cutout on the underside of the Cat using a small diameter abrasive wheel. Remove the cat material, this took some effort but it all will come out. Welded up with a Mig. Nothing is visible after installation. I can tell a noticeable decrease in temperature on my boot. Tried to send a pic but didn't attach....
I am considering deleting the Cat from my ‘18 1090. I thought I saw a video about it on YouTube a year or two ago, but now I can’t find it. I see that you attempted to attach a picture, but it didn’t take. If at all possible, can you email me ([email protected]) your picture and any links you may have about the project?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts