KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

is 1090 still a good buy?

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  robson 
#1 ·
hi,
just wonder as I heard it will be replaced by 1150
so I am a little bit concerned how short this bike was on the market...
Why would that be? I am about to place an order for some left over but
considering also the new 790 adventure r although
I prefer bigger/heavier bike for longer trips and with less electronics.
So are you happy with your 1090?

#2 ·
hi,
just wonder as I heard it will be replaced by 1150
so I am a little bit concerned how short this bike was on the market...
Why would that be? I am about to place an order for some left over but
considering also the new 790 adventure r although
I prefer bigger/heavier bike for longer trips and with less electronics.

Could you please tell me were you heard about the 1150. I cant find any info on the 1090 being replace by an 1150

#8 ·
This article is also inaccurate and from before the Milan show, the 2019 specs are on the KTM website and the only real changes are cosmetic.

https://www.ktm.com/ca-en/travel/1090-adventure-r/

Any time you reconfigure a bike in any way other than different color plastics you have to pass certifications again... so we will definitely not be seeing an update until after Euro5 or January 1 2020-- after which we should expect a pretty big update. In fact, it's likely we won't be seeing most of the current bikes from all manufacturers receive any updates after this year until they get refreshed for Euro 5.. and from what I've read they will likely be a pretty substantial overhaul when it happens due to it being a lot more strict.

#9 ·
Yea man - super happy - dont care about next big thing...no bike is perfect and all come come with gremlins...
It just a matter of what kind of rider/owner are you? You like to turn the key and ride or own the machine fully, including maintenance, modifications and performance...if its the latter then you will have waaay more fun with it. my 2c
Cheers

#10 ·
thanks, that response I was looking for :)
I own ktm 500 exc and do all jobs by myself, so I'm not afraid of wrenching
but am a bit concerned about reliability, the little things that go bad while you're
far from any garage. Just watched brand new ktm 1290 adv r beeing delivered
and during first few hundred miles rear brake cylinder failed, leaky forks, broken lock etc
Kinda annoying considering price of these bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.