KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reviews of the kick stand relocation kits available? Apparently, if bike falls on the kick stand could ruin the engine. :frown2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got my kickstand relocated on Monday. Moves the kickstand off of the engine on onto the frame where the foot peg mounts. It has another bracket for the right side peg as well that moves it out an equal distance as the left side. It's not that bad of a process. The directions are pretty good but could use some work. I would suggest that you have an extra set of hands to help out, especially when putting the foot pegs (springs) back on. I don't know if it REALLY needed to be done, but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

Here's what it looks like now...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, does it make the bike lean more when on side stand new location? I the original position there is not much leaning of the bike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, does it make the bike lean more when on side stand new location? I the original position there is not much leaning of the bike
I think it's a little less lean now as the kickstand is lower (closer to the ground) as it moved from the engine to the peg. But I don't notice it much.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It sticks out slightly more than stock, but doesn't cause a problem, its actually a little better since it's easier to get your boot to the stand.
It's never been in my way at all, I highly recommend the BDCW setup.

I will say that with this system + a stand "foot" (side stand enlarger thingy) makes it **** near impossible to get the stand down with a fully loaded bike and fully impossible with a second person on the back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll say that with this system + a stand "foot" (side stand enlarger thingy) makes it **** near impossible to get the stand down with a fully loaded bike and fully impossible with a second person on the back.
.... why's that? ... any interference with a center stand?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts