KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been in for my first service today and mentioned this to the dealers, they just laughed and said "you just unplug the canister and remove it"

As to the claims that you need dongle or blanking plugs, they were equally bemused and explained it's only the vent from the petrol tank "you know like that piece of rubber tubing that every dirt bike used to have that just vents to the atmosphere".

As Rottweilers website talks of a vacuum line to the inlet tract, i'm guessing the system might be a bit different on North American to EU models?

So I shall be taking a look at mine later and shall report back!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will be interested to know as well Tony. Mine goes in for its first service in a couple of weeks and the canister removal is No.1 after that is complete.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, Ive looked at this forum and felt I needed to join for this...

I have a 1090 and I just pulled the canister off (takes up room). I have had no issue thus far and I did this a week after purchase. I now have 3800 km and have had no issues at all.

If you are dubious, unscrew and pull it out - if it doesn't work, plug it back in.

I am in AUS if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have read a little bit about this mod, but other than creating room for additional storage under the seat is there really any benefit? If I were to remove canister, add the wings exhaust and then dyno test and tune, would this then be a noticeable mod performance?

Reason I ask is I very familiar with deleting diesel trucks and re-tuning, which does make a difference in performance and longevity of motor.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but haven't really been able to determine much with what I have read.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Removed mine two weeks ago, stuck a fuel cap breather in the tank pipe and blocked the other with an M8 bolt.

No issues, no engine light but now I can store the toolkit, a disc lock and a first aid kit under the seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If there is anyplace in the world where the charcoal canister could prove problematic it’s California. However, I took mine out and didn’t use a dongle or remove the lines or block one end off with a T8 bolt without any effect. No warning lights, no changes in how it runs. I’ve been commuting on it all week without any changes at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am thinking of taking the canister out of my bike but slightly nervous. Several youtube videos talk of needing the dongle, having to have the intake plugged or face towards the floor.

Im just wondering how those who removed the box without all of the above are finding the bike. any issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey what's up! So I did it I put the o2 dongles in from rottweiler and I didn't even remove the exhaust I cut a 2 inch square in the back under the bike where you can't see it it was a pain in the ass getting all of the material out of there It took about a 30 min it's also double walled right there so you have to weld it closed before putting the square you cut out back in and then weld that I have a leo venice muffler also out of all the things I have done to the bike this made the biggest difference in power completely came alive way more low end power and sounds amazing not really any louder but deeper I dont regret it in any way plus it saved me 800 dollars on a header. Hope that helps

·
Registered
158 Posts
If there is anyplace in the world where the charcoal canister could prove problematic it’s California. However, I took mine out and didn’t use a dongle or remove the lines or block one end off with a T8 bolt without any effect. No warning lights, no changes in how it runs. I’ve been commuting on it all week without any changes at all.

If you did NOT reroute your two hoses, and you drop your bike, there's a great chance you'll get fuel pouring out onto your battery.

I just removed all my smog stuff this past weekend with the Rottweiler kit and added the air intake. I'll post pictures later today.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you did NOT reroute your two hoses, and you drop your bike, there's a great chance you'll get fuel pouring out onto your battery.

I just removed all my smog stuff this past weekend with the Rottweiler kit and added the air intake. I'll post pictures later today.

I ended up just pluging the hose before the valve with a screw and I ran the tank vent hose with the other overflow hoses. No engine light.

·
Registered
65 Posts
CANISTER Removal

I'm not sure, but a wild guess is that removing the canistar is a bit like removeing a filter.
Meaning everything works just like before, with out it, but when driving in a dusty environment, dust sucks in with the ventilation.

So my guess is the something will wear out faster, e.g valve clearance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Correct, except in reverse. The canister filters out gasoline particulates from the fuel evaporating in your tank, then recirculates those fumes back into the engine to be burnt up instead of evaporating into the environment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with the rott performance dongle kit for this. I didn't want to take any chances with vapors or computer issues....which I have heard can/does happen. However, if it doesn't happen I am sure the naysayers wouldn't admit it anywhere. Instead, I didnt take the chance. I was able to fit my entire KTM tool kit, tire iron, tire repair and some rags under the seat now. Very helpful!

·
Registered
1 Posts
low fuel warning,

I just put the Rottweiler SAS and charcoal can delete kit on my 1090. Now the low fuel warning is on. I contacted Rottweiler and they said it couldn't have been their parts. Rottweiler said to check a forum on how to repair it without buying a new fuel sensor. When I plug in "low fuel warning" in this forum the first thing that pops is the Rottweiler stuff. I'm pretty confused..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've not heard of this issue, I'll have to google. :)
Is the fuel level reading correct?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts