KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other KTM's have you have the pleasure to experience that you can make a comparison? For me, i've owned the SuperDuke 990 and the ADV 950.

I don't yet own the 1090R. But hoping very soon.

Whats your experience.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Always did want to try riding dirt bikes on those racecourse with large jumps and tight corners, but of course take those on at reasonable speed. There's bound to be differences between the ktm1090 and other KTM bikes, some are more suited for roads while others are meant to be ridden like dirt bikes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Always did want to try riding dirt bikes on those racecourse with large jumps and tight corners, but of course take those on at reasonable speed. There's bound to be differences between the ktm1090 and other KTM bikes, some are more suited for roads while others are meant to be ridden like dirt bikes.
Oh yeah, that's an absolutely different world. I everyone has to ride a dirt bike at least once to see how wide and different motorcycle world is. Also, I don't think that you will experience any problems with dirt bike after riding KTM 1090.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh yeah, that's an absolutely different world. I everyone has to ride a dirt bike at least once to see how wide and different motorcycle world is. Also, I don't think that you will experience any problems with dirt bike after riding KTM 1090.
That is one reason why I have far more hope in younger riders that have been on dirt bikes first. Some parents raise their kids right by getting them into dirt bikes from an early age. Some of those kids have found careers in professional racing leagues, MotoGP being one of them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm coming from the world of dirt bikes and still waiting for a NA release of the 1090. Whole reason I'm looking into adventure bikes is because I'm already comfortable with off road, so I'd like a bike that offers the capability of on road as well. I am curious how this bike will perform off road in comparison to a more traditional dirt bike. Anyone here really test it out in the dirt?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts