KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another newbie question....

So I went to put the 1090 on a lift stand to do some prep work where I'll be taking both wheels off.

I didn't realize the exhaust pipes were below the frame like most dirt bikes. So, doubtful it's a good idea to lift on the exhaust pipes.

I don't have a center stand (yet), but even if I did I'm assuming it would be tricky to use it if I'm taking both wheels off at same time.

I do have the KTM aluminum skid plate but not yet installed....it appears that this will cover the exhaust pipes and allow for a solid area to use on the lift stand...can anyone confirm?

If skid plate option doesn't work, what are my options for a lift stand?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I assume you don't have a pair of race stands, so centre stand is the only safe option to get the rear in the air, & fit that bash plate to get a jack onto it for the front. I have an adjustable "trail stand" which is very light weight & would work short term under the front (for repairs in the bush), but I would not trust it long term in case it gets knocked. Or pay a bike shop to do what you want before you can get the centre stand etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A hydraulic lift underneath the skid plat works perfectly. I’m passing on the center stand to reduce weight and just using a lift at home and a snap jack in the field.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts