KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i was instaling auxiliary light in my ktm 1090. I tested the new lights so i open the switch and it worked ok, but when i tried to turn the bike off it didnt work. So i was turning the jey and nothing happens, so i disconected the battery and when conected again it turn on like i turn the switch on even without the key, so now i cant turn the bike off... does anybody have some similar issue?? Any help will be apreciated! Ktm 1050 2015. Mexico

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone, i was instaling auxiliary light in my ktm 1090. I tested the new lights so i open the switch and it worked ok, but when i tried to turn the bike off it didnt work. So i was turning the jey and nothing happens, so i disconected the battery and when conected again it turn on like i turn the switch on even without the key, so now i cant turn the bike off... does anybody have some similar issue?? Any help will be apreciated! Ktm 1050 2015. Mexico
hi Efren
i had the same issue about 18 months back, the factory couldn't sort it out, ended up replacing the entire harness. told them i dint want the bike and ended up upgrading to a new 1090

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same issue with the bike not shutting off with the key on my ‘17 1090. Kill switch would kill the motor but not not turn off the dash etc. I was told that the kick stand switch could cause that issue tho for me that’s not what it was. I had tapped a wire in the rear harness that was switched power. I wanted to power an power commander auto tune and didn’t realize I couldn’t take power from that harness. It “fried” the ECU and I had to get a new: ECU, key, gas cap, seat key switch. I guess the ECUs are very sensitive to voltages being off or so that’s what I understood from the dealer that fixed mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.