KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Derek from Parker, CO and I just picked up my 1090 R yesterday. Put some miles on it and here I am. Awesome bike! I look forward to talking with everyone and hopefully doing some meetups and rides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My Bike

Here is a video of some of my first miles on the bike:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great video! I was surprised to see that your roads didn't have loads of gravel on them. Around me the roads are snow free but there is so much loose gravel on them until the city sweeps the streets that riding is dicey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up my new bike today...Always exciting. First impressions is the bike feels very light and nimble. Just take all my comments from the perspective that my other bike is an 800 pound Triumph Rocket. The engine power seems a big flat....certainly no neck snapper. Front brakes don't bite that hard. Shifting up and down is very light and seems to click very positively into gear. Love the heated grips with the control integrated into the dash. I did find the hand grips very narrow. I have fairly large hands and cant fit my hand fully flat across the grip without my pinkie finger being up on the raised edge. Tried riding standing up but found the handlebars very low...it make me hold my head over the dash and I feel like my weight is too far forward. Road for about 2 hours and found the riding position good. Bike is very smooth with no buzzing of the bars etc. Very happy with the feel of the tires on the road...probably my biggest concern buying the bike was how I would find the on pavement handling with the knobbies. looking forward to many more rides on this bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts