KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2017 1090 Adventure R, i'm in Canada. I purchased the offroad dongle, plugged it in. Get the "not legal" flashing at boot-up so assume it's installed properly. I set my MTC and ABS to "off". They both show off on the display. shut the bike off, turn the key off, take it out. Put the key back in, start the bike up, get the Not Legal message flashing. Both the MTC and the ABS flash "off" briefly on the screen and then go back to saying "on". The display lights for MTC and ABS don't stay lit, so as far as I can tell both MTC and ABS are back on, even though the dongle is installed. Has anyone else seen this behaviour, any suggestions on what might be happening and how to resolve, i'm heading out on an 8-day ride this weekend with a lot of offroad riding sections, really hate having to manually turn MTC and ABS off every time, hence the reason I bought the dongle in the first place!

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions you may have, apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere on the forum, I did a bunch of searching here and on google and couldn't find any references to similiar behaviour.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the dongle on my 2017 1090 R. In addition to purchasing the dongle I also had to pay my dealer to connect the bike up to the KTM support system via laptop/internet and install a software key to get everything working. The dealer was basically just charging me what KTM charges them for the software key.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts