KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I going into the ktm shah to morrow with the outcome to have an order in place. Not sure if I should wait for the 2018 model.
Im going to use the Mosko Moto soft panniers, planning on ordering the 30L Country panniers, Mosko Moto have their own universal system which looks like they will fitt nearly all pannier frames.
My question is, has anyone made their own pannier frames, most frames are designed for hard cases and are big and bulky and look heavy.

My intension is to keep weight down and would like to make a smaller lighter aluminum frame that is fixed as close as possible to the frame.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wish I could help you, but I've never dealt with metal on that scale. Perhaps some steel bars and a welder would do the trick. Maybe flat steel bars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought two panniers from https://nrteam.eu/en/tooted/motorcycle-aluminium-pannier-3/. Cheaper than Givi or Motech, but 2 mm aluminium that’s stronger, I have took 32 l, 20 cm large witch on the left side give me an everyday box for casual carrying without any fear crossing between cars,
Nrteam’case can fits on any side rack, on a Givi Rack side Ive just took over the specific bolts.
Just one more thing, the top case must be 41 cm large, otherwise you can’t open the left panniers. Motech got one , the Evo or adventure Trax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts