KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are tons of nice extras, one could think of - but what is the limit, I mean:
- Lights
- GPS
- Phone
- Heated seat
- Heated grips
etc..
Does any one know what is the limit in order to have the battery surviving?
And best place to take the power - directly on the battery?

Thanks
Dane

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stator output

Bump on this,
I installed heated grips -ktm
And am about to get a heated jacket
Plus gps ,anyone know the real output of the 1090? I’ve heard speculations that it’s probably the sam as the 1190 but nobody knows for sure!?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I added the 12V socket and recently cruise control to mine. Both front and rear the bike comes wired with 2 12V accessory plugs. 2) 10A and 2) 1A. So it would seem to me that it should be fine. Since they are assuming that you'd be running something up to 10A off of the front and something 10A off of the back then the same for the 1A front and rear. I currently have my GPS hardwired to the 1A, I have the CPU for the cruise control powered by the rear 1A, then the 12V outlet wired to the 10A and the 10A in the rear is still available. Currently my heated gear is running directly off of the battery. So far the voltage doesn't seem to vary with or without these items. Oh and I do have heated grips installed too. Those plug directly into the dedicated harness so they didn't use any of these accessory wires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You mentioned in a YouTube video that you added a 12v socket up front on your dash and that it came from an 1190. I’m trying to find the same thing for my 1090, with no luck. Can you direct me to that part number?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts