KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some windscreens I found on Motosport.com that are listed as exact fit for the 2017 KTM 1090 Adventure R

Puig Racing Windscreen:

Puig Touring Windscreen with Visor:

Puig Touring Windscreen:

·
Registered
193 Posts
that short puig racing screen blacked out with the darkest tint I can find will be the best option for me especially since I like to keep my phone mounted just right next to the screen. no glare, none of that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The short racing screen would be the route I'd go with too.. I hate how the touring screens look and I understand they do help a lot, it'll just bother the heck out of me.

Would you be tinting it yourself? @Dirttrack

·
Registered
193 Posts
The short racing screen would be the route I'd go with too.. I hate how the touring screens look and I understand they do help a lot, it'll just bother the heck out of me.

Would you be tinting it yourself? @Dirttrack
I'm no where near as detail oriented or patient to take on wrapping tint film or vinyl on this. Plus i'm not going to spend $20-30 on cleaning products i'll rarely use to do this job properly. Better off going to a professional as I always do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. Considering it's such a small piece though and it's not like someone has to stuff themselves into a back seat to tint a window, it should be relatively cheap to get done as well. Have you gotten quotes for it before?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. Considering it's such a small piece though and it's not like someone has to stuff themselves into a back seat to tint a window, it should be relatively cheap to get done as well. Have you gotten quotes for it before?
I haven't but if cars cost on average $200-300 to wrap then a visor like this has to be at least a 1/4 of that at most.
Starting to think i'll want UV film to make viewing my phone easier and then for the better cosmetics.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tons of options out there so you can do a bit of research and see what'll work best for you. A matte type of tint could prove to be real helpful though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anybody did mount this high screen, at the moment I ride with a Pp touring screen, I’m 6,1´´ tall and got unbearable air flow coming on each side, no wind ont the top, but this windshield is two narrow on its bottom according to the needs of receiving the handlebar,
I’m wondering if I could mount some low side fairings to avoid air flow coming on the shest and under the chin, some have any idea?
I soon will get a Puig high windscreen, but plan to find a quite complete low protection, or nearby..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tons of options out there so you can do a bit of research and see what'll work best for you. A matte type of tint could prove to be real helpful though.
yeah, in my case that would work out well since i like to keep my phone mounted by the instrument cluster, blocking out sun glare in that situation is very important to me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That is the easiest route but not always the best, maybe its the application process, but I have hear of dip wearing out after a somewhat short period of time. That being the case, vinyl wrap/tint has always been my route and what I recommend.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I finally put a Puig clear high screen, mounted on the front mask coming from the 1290 SAS, The mask brings a big improvement as it cuts the side flows, and the Puig cuts the top head buffetings,
As a tall driver ( 1,87 cm), I had betted that I would find a suffisant protection on this bike, and must say I win , even my legs don’t suffer the cold wind, a warm trousers goes fine for 6 hours around 3º C , with high boots for sure, in case I got warming socks ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are some windscreens I found on Motosport.com that are listed as exact fit for the 2017 KTM 1090 Adventure R

Puig Racing Windscreen:

Puig Touring Windscreen with Visor:

Puig Touring Windscreen:
Did you end up buying any of those windscreens?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the MRA screen with the deflector wing and found it helped a lot but its tall and then the wing is added height. I find I'm always looking through it and don't like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts