KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

Received cash for riding in the cold

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  G20 
#1 ·
A few weeks ago my motorcycle was parked at a local shopping center. I had just picked it up from my local dealer (1000k service) and left it at the shopping center parking lot until I could get my gear and have my wife take me back to the shopping center to ride it home. I moved it from the dealer’s parking lot to the shopping center since the dealer was shutting their gate to close up. The temp that day was hovering around freezing. When I got back to the bike there was a $20 bill rolled up and sticking in my ignition switch. I initially thought someone had dinged my bike and was trying to pay me for their error. Then I pulled the twenty out and unrolled it. Someone had written “You’re a boss for riding in these temps” on the twenty. I got quite a kick after reading that.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, as much as possible. But for pleasure, not as a daily commuter. If the weather is above 35-40 and roads are clear I will try to get out on the weekends for a ride. I like the bike too much to let it sit for too long. I was able to trailer it to Mesquite Nevada last weekend. We rode Friday and Saturday. I posted some pics in the pictures and videos section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.