KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new 2018 Adventure R a few months ago so I figured it was time to find a forum. I bought the R because I love how it looks. Much sharper than the standard model. I have no intention of ever taking it off road. In fact I had the dealer put street tires on it before it left the lot.
I like the riding position of adventure bikes and find them to be the best for me for every day commuting and “Sport Touring” up the state. My last bike was a 2014 Triumph 800 Tiger that I rode for four years and put on 44,000 miles. Before that were a 2009 Ducati Multistrada and a 2007 Suzuki 650 V Strom.
So far, so good. Just commuting around Los Angeles and some riding in the hills. A buddy and I are taking a four day trip around the Sierras in May and a trip up the coast to Laguna Seca for WSB in July. He has a new 1290 Duke GT.
BTW, I titled this as Return to KTM because a million years ago I raced a 250 KTM MXC in the desert. It was funny but when I first sat on the 1090 R it was completely familiar to me (including the crazy hard seat).
Let’s hope these machines of ours hold up (because there’s no warranty)
Gunracr

1 - 2 of 2 Posts