KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this starter issue could be?

This is a KTM 1090 adventure 2018 with has 8500kms and for the past few weeks I just start it to get it out of the garage in the morning and in the evening to get it back in (house in undergoing renovation so I move it out of the way for the construction crew)

When I try to start it it seems to go through the ignition cycle again video: Video.mp4

Any input will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know what this starter issue could be?

This is a KTM 1090 adventure 2018 with has 8500kms and for the past few weeks I just start it to get it out of the garage in the morning and in the evening to get it back in (house in undergoing renovation so I move it out of the way for the construction crew)

When I try to start it it seems to go through the ignition cycle again video: Video.mp4

Any input will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!
I let mine prime for at least a minute before hitting the starter button, as it seems to help. Could be a battery issue? is it on a tender?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I let mine prime for at least a minute before hitting the starter button, as it seems to help. Could be a battery issue? is it on a tender?
Hi,it was a battery issue! I'm recently bought the motorcycle and did not notice that the voltage was below 12v and I did not have a tender. Ended up buying a new battery.
Thank you for replying back to my inquiry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,it was a battery issue! I'm recently bought the motorcycle and did not notice that the voltage was below 12v and I did not have a tender. Ended up buying a new battery.
Thank you for replying back to my inquiry
Hello, I had the exact issue 2 days ago and I have the same amount of km... strange!
Recharging the battery did the trick. Might have to change it soon.

BTW, did you replace the original battery by the same one or did you change brand? I was surprised by the price of the Yuasa one

Ride safe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I had the exact issue 2 days ago and I have the same amount of km... strange!
Recharging the battery did the trick. Might have to change it soon.

BTW, did you replace the original battery by the same one or did you change brand? I was surprised by the price of the Yuasa one

Ride safe!
Had a similar issue a few months back, tried charging the OEM battery but it would barely hold a charge. Its a 2018 model that I bought in mid 2019. So, its likely the battery wasn't used to charged for quite a while before I bought it. 17,000 miles later...this happens.
I ended up getting an lithium antigravity with "restart." I know you need to warm them up if its cold by leaving the lights on for a few minutes to bring the voltage up but they have more CCA and much lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts