KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best “pure street” tires for the 1090R? The Avon Cobras look good. Do they last? The Continental Trail Attack 3s seem to be about 99% street and seem like a good possibility.
When I got my first ADV bike I thought the 19” rims were really limiting but this 21” is tough to buy for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trail attack 3

I have about 400 miles on Trail Attack 3s. They have made the bike very twitchy (wanders and hunts) on the highway between 50-80 mph. So much so that I took it in to make sure it was safe. Owner of the KTM shop rode it and said it was normal and the 1090s are just twitchy. I will go back with more of a 50/50 for the next set. Never noticed twitchiness with the OEM tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Cowtown1090, I had a bent front rim straight after a new tyre was fitted (may be coincidence) which made the front vibrate & feel terrible at 50-60mph. Support the front & check rim runout regardless of what the bike shop checked, & no 1090s are not twitchy from the factory. I'm running Motoz Tractionator GPS front & rear now & they are very stable but probably not as road orientated as GUNRACR wants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts