KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2080 1090 Adv R. I find the tank cover/fairing is really soft motorcross type plastic. Mine is all scratched. Can anyone tell me if the harder and painted plastic cover on a 1290 Super Adv R will fit or for that matter, any of the carbon fibre ones listed for the 1190/1290 models that are listed on the internet? They look like they will, but hoping someone know for sure. Or, does anyone know of a company selling carbon covers specifically for the 1090.
Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One I bought a tank bag from HELD, and delivered with a soft scratch band, so the bag could be sticked on it at the right size, then I never used it, and when I bought my beloved 1090, I placed it with double tape (3M outsie red one), it's very useful, and protective : you can see it on this side view;

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2080 1090 Adv R. I find the tank cover/fairing is really soft motorcross type plastic. Mine is all scratched. Can anyone tell me if the harder and painted plastic cover on a 1290 Super Adv R will fit or for that matter, any of the carbon fibre ones listed for the 1190/1290 models that are listed on the internet? They look like they will, but hoping someone know for sure. Or, does anyone know of a company selling carbon covers specifically for the 1090.
Thanks.
You could buy some carbon fiber printed material and cover the piece yourself. The material is pretty flexible and easy to apply. The only areas I see may be difficult are the two deep angled corners at the 2 and 10 o'clock of the cover, just above the hole.

I am talking about something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0059XCVVO/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A2N2PCJRUJNIQR&psc=1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts