KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone adjusting air pressure when off-roading? I currently run 38 front and 42 rear as manual states, but noticed when riding single track and muddy conditions I had no grip. I eventually went down to 28 front and 30 rear and did notice a smoother ride, but still bike did not feel planted. To be fair to the bike it had rained 2 days before and trails where slick and muddy in spots along with I was weighted down with travel gear.

All this aside, just curious what guys/gals are running for air pressure when off-roading?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did a 250 mile off road ride this weekend and was running 22 front and 20 rear I was cruising 50+ on gravel with ease got in to some grass and two creek crossings and they preformed amazing so this will be my off road pressures from now on but on road I run the 38 42

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been airing down to 20psi front and 18psi rear for off road and I'm careful not to hammer the throttle so as to risk spinning a tire on the rim.

Recommended stock on-road pressures are too high for my liking. I've been running 30psi.

Still experimenting with pressures for both types of riding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
36F 38R on pavement and 28F 28R off. Works great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not all tire's are created equal so tire pressure may vary. Keep the front tire 35 or higher and play with lowering the rear tire. Set it and forget it. I am running 24-26 on back on the Rallz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts