KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone adjusting air pressure when off-roading? I currently run 38 front and 42 rear as manual states, but noticed when riding single track and muddy conditions I had no grip. I eventually went down to 28 front and 30 rear and did notice a smoother ride, but still bike did not feel planted. To be fair to the bike it had rained 2 days before and trails where slick and muddy in spots along with I was weighted down with travel gear.

All this aside, just curious what guys/gals are running for air pressure when off-roading?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did a 250 mile off road ride this weekend and was running 22 front and 20 rear I was cruising 50+ on gravel with ease got in to some grass and two creek crossings and they preformed amazing so this will be my off road pressures from now on but on road I run the 38 42

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been airing down to 20psi front and 18psi rear for off road and I'm careful not to hammer the throttle so as to risk spinning a tire on the rim.

Recommended stock on-road pressures are too high for my liking. I've been running 30psi.

Still experimenting with pressures for both types of riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.