KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying 2 x 1090s out of state, so need to go pick them up and transport them home.

Has anybody loaded 2 x 1090 in the bed of a pick-up truck?

I have a Titan XD. Based on rough measurements, it'll be tight but should doable.

I'm not so worried about length, more concerned about the width. Could offset the wheels off the front of bed to get the handlebars to not match up to each other.

Anyone have any experience transporting 1090/larger ADV bikes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should be ok hauling them side by side, just make sure the hand guards touch each other after you strap the fronts down. Then bungee the inside guards of both bikes together- makes for a very rigid system.
Don't forget the rear wheels, lash them together and to both sides of the bed. Do NOT strap the rear of the bikes down from a high point on the bike to the truck, the bikes will bounce up and down, causing the straps to fall off or even worse, damage the bikes. The closer to a strait line at swingarm height works best.

This is for three bikes, but you get the idea..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be ok hauling them side by side, just make sure the hand guards touch each other after you strap the fronts down. Then bungee the inside guards of both bikes together- makes for a very rigid system.
Don't forget the rear wheels, lash them together and to both sides of the bed. Do NOT strap the rear of the bikes down from a high point on the bike to the truck, the bikes will bounce up and down, causing the straps to fall off or even worse, damage the bikes. The closer to a strait line at swingarm height works best.
Thanks tirebiter! Good point on tieing down so that the hand guards are actually touching each other.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For others future reference, I got the 2 x 1090s home safely in the bed of my Titan XD with no problems. Plenty of room width wise in the bed. Definitely glad the dealer had some heavy duty and longer ramps...helped making load very easier. Now time to get new tires and pretty up the moto trailer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts