KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud owner of a 2014 triumph tiger 800xc. I’m racking up miles fast, about 40k in the last 2 years. The bike runs great, and I love it. However, the last few nights I’ve found myself online looking at new bikes on the dealership websites. I happened upon my local ktm dealers site, saw they had a new 2017 1090 adventure r on sale for $12k, no fees. Did some research, Gave them a call, went in and sat on the bike, fell in love, and now here I am with a triumph tiger 800xc for sale. Man, that happened fast. I’d love to hear from any previous tiger owners and how they feel the 1090 compares. Anyway, hello to you all. I’ll be active in here so I’ll see you around!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey, that’s the way to do it man!
I was tossing up between a tiger 800, AT, and the 1090....and here I am.
Really interested in hearing your opinion of the two bikes.
Welcome!

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is amusing to me, because I’m in almost the same boat. I had a 2016 triumph tiger 800 xca and just picked up my 1090 about a month ago. I’ve posted a few videos with my impressions of the 1090 on my YouTube channel as well as a 3 way comparison between these 2 and my original KLR that started my adventure riding.

The thing I’ll say here is expect the 1090 to be much much better off-road than the Tiger. The tiger wasn’t bad by any means but the 1090 is just amazing. However on-road comfort is definitely better on the tiger 800. That bike had one of the best seats out of any motorcycle I’ve owned. Easy fix though on the 1090. Congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum man, congrats on the very unplanned 1090 aha! Is this the first KTM bike that you've owned? They've really started to step their game up in recent years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's so easy to fall in love with a bike, especially the 1090. Congrats on the new purchase!
Hard part will be those break in miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts