KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear owners,
After buying a brand new 1090 adventure r I just had my first 3500 km.
For not so long Riding at slow speed I hear a kind of fluid noise mainly on the left side of the engine, or rattling a bit or so. I find it difficult to tell, but it does not sound as a normal engine humm. Does anyone recognize this? I used to ride Japanese brand motorcycles, so I am not used of having issues with a brand new bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know it's an old thread now, but it may be useful for everybody. Mine was doing that exact same noise and it was the chain that was very dirty. Washed it clean with kerosene then lubbed properly and voila! The noise disappeared. If you plan on going offroading all day, favor off road lubricant. It's not sticky so dirt wont catch on it as much as road lubricant. I use Motul.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Too funny.....I saw the date of the first post and thought it was posted yesterday.

I agree, I had a weird noise after first getting my bike <1000 miles and it was the chain guide was very dry, lubed it and no more noise.

The LC engines are louder than a Japanese bike though, I've had a couple as well. My Ducati made more "noises" than the 1090 does though. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts