KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner

What Adventures Will You Go On?

8K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  Sweeper 
Living in the big city i won't be going anywhere since I don't have the time and most good places are too far for me to venture on the usual. For me the 1090 is more of a relaxed ride compared to the sport bikes I had before deciding to eventually own one of these.

Where do you plan on taking your 1090?

Winter time is when I usually pack everything up and stay to my SUVs. Not too fond of the cold and ice.
Same here, it's not just worth the risk.
Riding around in the city like I do, your even at a greater risk with all the drivers that lack winter driving skills.

Some riders risk it without issue but there's just too many variables to factor in for me at that point.

I'll stick to riding it around in my condos parkade for "maintenance".... as I like to put it :D

I'll only be going out when the roads are nice and dry and there's snow in the fields. When there's snow and the roads are all icy, I just won't leave my house. Not worth it at all, for everything you listed above and more. It's not gonna be you, but it'll be someone else and that's something you can never control.
Same here, dry road conditions are what I only gravitate towards a) because i hate cleaning up the mess and b) because I have a fun cage to move around in :D

As utilitarian as this bike it, oddly enough, getting it dirty is one thing I don't like.

The difference for me is i'm never in environments will get any bike I have as dirty as some of these KTM's will get. So simple preventative things will go a long way along with follow up washes. City riding does little dirty damage.

But in the worst case scenario, I have this video to refer back to:

Yup.

The only downside is that it doesn't cover using touch up paint or going about repairing paint damage but once you find that along with this cleaning process as part of how you attack it weekly or whatever frequency then you'll be in the clear!

In situations like that you will come across a lot of different terrain, great for a bike like this since that's what they've been advertised in. Most KTM marketing is focused around that sort of idea. Surprised we don't hear from more canadians about ventures like this since canada is ideal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.