KTM 1090 Adventure Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can share a few things about your ownership of the 2017+ KTM 1090 Adventure, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Love:
Power (even though it's not run in yet)
Handling (spot on)
Suspension (although still needs setting up properly)

Hate:
The inaccessibility of the ignition lock, I'm always getting my key fob jammed under the top yoke (yes i'm being picky)
The Height (although see suspension above, it's definitely too hard at the moment)
The buffeting off the screen (better since I dropped it to the lowest setting but still a pain)
The fact it's not run in yet and i'm limited to 7000 revs!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello to all, this is my first post here !
When I took my footpegs off, I cannot get the hefty little springs back on.
Has anyone come across a special tool for this, or made one ? I am currently riding around without those nasty little springs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I remember correctly I used needle nose pliers to reinstall spring. Once you get it compressed you should be able to slide into place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the hydraulic clutch, it has a very controllable feel to it.

I hate the 35 inch seat height, I will have to lower mine. I can barely ride it on the street, God help me in gnarly stuff !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone come across a special tool for this, or made one ? I am currently riding around without those nasty little springs.
Check out this video, might help..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the bike, I prefer it to my old 1200GS, The handling is spot on, The power is fantastic, I Hate, the seat, only good for around an hour or so, Iv replaced it with an 1190 seat, but have yet to try it out, if its still bad ill put a gell pad in it, Chain slap! not bad but concerning, and a little vibration in the throttle, But this may be me, it would be interesting to get some feedback on that subject. However, I'm completely sold on my 1090. fantastic Bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try the seat concepts sport touring seat. It’s not much softer, but seems to offer better support where it counts. So far it’s much improved for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Use Zip Ties to depress the spring and cut once you install the bolt. Very easy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Use Zip Ties to depress the spring and cut once you install the bolt. Very easy.
Yes, this. Also, stick a small screwdriver through the mount and peg, holding the spring in place (on the opposite side of where the pin goes in) while you put the pin in through the top side of the peg mount. Tap the pin in and have it push the screwdriver out. Everything will aligned and you will be good to go. No more floppy pegs!

·
Registered
65 Posts
THE engine heat. I live in Phoenix, in 100degree weather, my leg was almost burned, I mean I could feel the discomfort 2 days later. I will have ~$6-800 so I can ride the thing, hopefully.
If you live in the South West, do not buy

·
Registered
158 Posts
It’s really nice in the winter though..... 😉

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love: the promise of adventures of a life time

Hate: Heat, lots of heat, hurts the exema on the inside of my right calf area
Motor mounted kick stand
Air box
Exhaust
Pull the bike apart for basic service
Did I mention the heat

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love and hate

Excessive heat. Hard to get into neutral. Low beam/high beam switch does not work after 1 day of use. Local dealer says I have to wait two weeks for a mechanic to look at it before they will order replacement under warranty. Stock headlight is not that great for night riding. Love the light clutch pull, and feel of the brakes. Love the power, handling, off-road capability. Took it on a 255 mile ride the first day after purchase. About 1/4th of that was on dirt. It is a big, fun dirt bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love the lightness, so easy to ride on every track path dirty roads, and manage any control losses
Love the motor ....so enjoying at any speed, always pushing you out of the mess,
Love the shocks absorbers never been so confortable on a bike while staying in contact with the road, feeling the smallest defaults , keeping control,
Hate ...the heat but I'm riding mainly in the country , a bit in towns, and placing my the toes ont the pegs my feet keep warms in winter !
Hate the upper exhaust, which enlarge the right side case support , but with a 20 cms box it’s not so inconvenient.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Like: Suspension
Power
Looks
Will corner like on rails
Hate, hate, hate: the heat coming off the motor is painful!!
Dislike: Shifter doesn't want to go into gear depending on angle of my boots. Standing, it might not shift unless I sit down first
Not the best on slabs. I replaced the TKC80s with TKC70s, didn't cure the issue, helped, but still harsh. Likely because it is set up for off road fun.
Kick stand mounted on motor, WTF, may damage it, and can cost up to $6K to repair.
No cruse control.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts